Creations during my long absence.........

I have been making lots of good stuff in my absence, so I will re-cap quickly for historical purposes.




These are for a project that will take a while to make. I'm not sure which way I want to orient them. Do I keep them all going the same way? Do I want to make them a square with all the middles meeting? So many choices...


The collages below were quilt tops I created for Project Linus (PL) and donated to my local group. The coordinator is generous to accept these tops only and she either quilts them or has a local quilter that will quilt it for a decent price.  I have such fun creating very colorful quilts....all from scraps.  Some of the scraps are donated from the local PL group and alot of them come from my own large scrap stash!




The following blankets were also made for charity, Rachel's Gifts.  They are bereavement baby blankets for parents who lost their newborn, either as miscarriage, stillborn or shortly after birth.  The max size is 21-22" square. They prefer very pastel colors and no yellow.

This last collage didn't really fit their pastel but they accepted them.  I have since found another baby blanket charity called Forever Warm which will gladly accept the "less than pastel" colorways.  I'm in the process of making some for them at the moment.  
Have you noticed it's harder to find really pastel baby colors?

More to come.....

Comments

  1. My goodness that is a lot of quilts! Nice ones too, I love the scrappiness. I have so much yarn and need to find a charity locally that accepts donations, but then of course I'd need to actually crochet with it - lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment