Making blankets and donating to Project Linus

I've been knitting and crocheting blankets for awhile now. More recently I added quilting, more so after I retired.   I have given some away when friends have babies or grandbabies, but mostly they have been piling up in my box of Finished Blankets.  I have been doing some research to decide where I want to donate them and to find some new people to quilt with.

Well, I found a local chapter of Project Linus and went to my first meeting. I liked it. It was a great group of ladies and they had a lot of blankets for donation. I had also taken all of mine, most are baby sized, but had a couple that could go to child/teen size. I am now armed with more information and will make blankets the size needed so my efforts don't go to waste. I feel as if I have a purpose now while progressing in my craft.

I love my Rag Quilt and use it the most as I find it very soft and cuddly, I confirmed that this type of quilt was acceptable. I am working on another one for Project Linus and using some crumb blocks.

I've been working on these squares this week. I'm up to 22. They are a combination of:
  • Crumb Block cores
  • Stripe sets
  • Patches of 2" squares, made from Leaders and Enders
  • Some 5" Charms as 4-patch
  • other various combinations
Since most of these have a lot of seams around the edge of each square, I decided to surround most squares with a fabric strip so it will fray more easily.

  

Comments

  1. I'm interested to see how your new quilt comes together. I absolutely LOVE Crumb blocks!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment