Tumbler Block Quilt using Crumbs

I love making new fabric with "crumbs".  I have a previous post here that shows how to make crumb fabric.  I've been making crumb fabric and cutting them to 6" square for another project but I had a Tumbler AccuQuilt die that I wanted to use. I didn't like the looks of most tumbler quilts, I found them too busy. So I decided to alternate colorful tumblers with white on white tumblers.  Then I decided to make the colorful tumblers with the crumb fabric and that's what I did. I love the final product.  This is a lap size blanket. A little too big for a wall hanging.  It's one of my favorites so far.

 


Squaring it up to add binding.

Modeling the choices.

With the pieces that came off after the die cut, I started a new crumb fabric, nothing goes to waste.  I also did that with the white tumbler.  Made new fabric for my QAYG Hexagon (separate post forthcoming). 

Joining two linking parties....Cynthia at Oh Scrap! Quilting is More Fun than Housework here and Angela at So Scrappy here.  Come join the fun!!
and Elm Street Quilts here.

Comments

  1. I like your quilt. I often find some quilts too busy. I like also your way of using crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Is that the smaller or larger tumbler. I started a tumbler quilt with left over dog fabric but ugh too busy. Someday I'm going to all the pieces apart and calm it down with a plainer background fabric. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I’ve done a tumbler quilt using selvage tumblers alternated with plain fabric tumblerss. But I love yours because of all the multi-colored bits and crumbs. So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off I go to check out crumb fabric. I have literally tons of scraps and this sounds like just what I should do with them!

    http://marshasspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy quilt, and a great way to use scraps. I have way too many scraps; your method looks intriguing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. Especially alternating the crumb tumblers with the solid fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment