Rag Quilt

I love colorful quilts!
My friend Carole had made a rag quilt for her grandchild based off instructions from our friend Christie. When I saw her quilt, I knew I had to make one.  I wasn't sure how DH would like the loose threads, and I hoped that I would get most of them out in the dryer. (Update: there are still some that come off but it's pretty much contained)
So the fun began by looking through my 5" charm squares and deciding what I was going to use.  Then I decided why limit myself to just the 5" squares when I could make my own with my scraps. So I dug into my 5" 4 patches and the other scrappy blocks I'm known for making.

Then I sandwiched them to the flannel and the back flannel, which was a llama fest. This also made me very happy.  I had to mix in some white on the back because the 2 yards of llama I had purchased wasn't enough. I think 3 yards would have been fine for the size. I made 7 across and 6 down so that I could use it on my lap on the couch.










I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday

Comments

  1. Super cute quilt!! Rag quilts are SEW cozy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t think I have seen a rag quilt done with quilting cotton squares! What a fab idea!,

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so bright and happy! Great use of scrappy blocks, and the llamas are darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Rag quilts are simple and fun to make, although all that snipping takes time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment