The little yellow bowl of scraps

My little yellow bowl from this post and what I do with its contents.  The little yellow bowl usually gets what I know is too small to use in my crumb blocks.  They are used either as filling for stuffed toys or as a small pillow.  I keep a small bag I made next to me and as the little yellow bowl gets near full, I empty it into the bag.  Another day in the sewing room I may take stuff out the bag and make my own fabric with it or I can just leave it in the bag and one day, sew the top of it up and use it a pillow for my back or as a head pillow in the car.  No scrap is too small!!

So if I want to make my own fabric, I cut a piece of thin muslin (since I'm adding bulk already), add some scraps and then place a piece of dissolvable Sulky on top and take it to the sewing machine. I sew over and around the block so that most of the pieces are caught in the thread. Once done, I soak it in water (mfg instructions) and then either let it dry or throw it in the dryer.

I can then either use it as a block in a quilt or cut it to make patches or cut out a heart or another image and add it to a card to send to a crafty friend!





This one is from a different project but I had forgotten to take a picture with the Sulky on the block above.

Comments