Creative use of fabric

I am constantly amazed at the creative use of fabric. Browse Pinterest, quilting magazines and even YouTube and you can find some really cool things.

I came across this photo on a YouTube video showing different sewing/hobby/crafting rooms. I fell in love with it. I couldn't get a really good snapshot of it, but you get the idea.

It's an overhead light shade and I'm planning on doing this in my new hobby room. I currently have a hobby room that I share with my DH. I have too many hobbies and they all continue to interest me.

click on the picture to make it bigger

I have run out of working room in my current hobby room and that is the room where most of my storage also resides. So, I will be taking over the 2nd bedroom which currently houses the workout equipment (weights, male machines) and that will become my "working" space. I plan to have a sewing corner, a table for my knitting machine, an island type table for making batts with my drum carder and a corner area for my weaving loom. I have the room depicted currently in Excel with the dimensions of the room and the tables I currently have planned.

It's been a lovely project to plan and I'm excited about it. It may happen by year-end but I'm happy planning it for now.  I'm not set on this layout except for the sewing corner and maybe the knitting table. not sure yet about that one.

Comments