Candy Ring Quilt


I do enjoy foundation piecing. I found the Candy Ring quilt quite by accident on YouTube. I googled it and found the pattern was included in an out-of-print magazine. I found the digital version of the magazine and purchased it. I printed 8 templates so that I could make 2 of the circles (4 pieces per circle).  It's fun and I was hooked.  I think I'm up to 6-8 finished circles now.

I don't always follow the line of the foundation paper, but I get close. I take a few liberties, depending on my fabric.

Here is what I have pieced together so far.

 So you can see it doesn't have to remain in a circle, you could lay it out on a big piece of fabric and have it meander across it. Once you sew the connecting pieces, it gets sewn to the base with a zigzag stitch(or any type of stitch)


Comments